Friday, July 11, 2008

Notes on Being Kicked Out...

Sorry for the lack of an update recently. I did get home from Scout Camp, albeit a little earlier than anyone had expected. In case you didn't know, I live in the beautiful California Valley, safely away from the raging wildfires throughout the state. However, Camp Lassen was in the mountains to the North. Slightly after lights out on Tuesday night, the fire alarm went off and we were directed into the dining hall. A fire about 8 miles away had just jumped a fire line and was blowing our way fast. We were in no hurry at that point, but in the morning we might have been, so the staff decided to evacuate camp. All the troops there had the chance to either move to an evacuation center in nearby Chico until the end of the week or when camp reopened, or we could go home. It was a no-brainer for many troops. Think about it for a minute; you can either go home and not have to worry about anything, especially having no showers, or you can lock yourself up in a school gym with a bunch of 12-18 year olds with nothing to do. Most troops, including ours, went home. I got home about 6am, showered, and slept until 2:30pm.

The question is, however, is why didn't I update my blog then, right? Well I have been very busy the past few days with planning for a big event at the store my family owns. We had accomplished very little in preparation until I came home, and then it was full-steam ahead. Thankfully, that is finally over and I can get back to my normal life. Or so I thought. Project three of the Imagineer Game over at MouseTimes is due today, so I will be judging most of tomorrow. But I will soon have a small Disneyland Update and my Wall-E post finally up sometime soon. And if you liked the guest post my sister wrote some time ago about the Carousel of Progress, let me know and I will defiantly invite her back. Or you can just go visit her blog, Disney World Girl!

I also noticed I haven't updated my Random Disney Quote in a while. If any of you have a good quote from a Disney Movie or by Walt Disney, or relating to Disney in any way, shape, or form, just leave a comment with the quote! I will post the quote and include your name after the current one has had a few days to run. Or as always you can just leave me a comment for fun, just to know there area readers out there who love to listen to my ramblings. And if you have a question about my titles just leave me a comment as well. I'll try harder to respond to every comment I get, but if I don't, just understand that I don't have all the time in the world and will try to respond as soon as I can.

See ya real soon!

1 comment:

Alyssa F said...

Have you been stealing my Walt Disney quote book again?