Monday, January 11, 2016

Hello World! Redux



Welcome back everyone!  And by everyone, I mean the one person who still occasionally stumbles upon my ramblings every once in a while.  But hey, we're allowed to have delusions of grandeur, right?

So there's a reason I've come back (again) to resurrect this long outdated blog.  How 'bout a challenge: guess where I am right now.


Go on, guess.



I'll wait.




Got it?  Okay, good.  Here goes....





I'M AT WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!! *super happy dance*

It has been a dream of mine for many years now to work for the Disney Company (big surprise, right?), and I finally have that opportunity.  I have been accepted into the WDW College Program, and even better yet, I get to work Attractions! This is such a dream come true for me that I can hardly come to terms with the fact that I'm even here.  I only just checked in today, January 11th, which is when I found out that I'll be working specifically in Epcot in Future World East attractions, although I don't know right now if I will later be assigned to a single ride or I will "bounce" around to several attractions in that area.

Now to the sad news.  I only have three months here.  I arrived January 11th, 2016 and I depart on April 7th.  This is because my university has a strange schedule where I have these months off, but then I go to school from mid-April to the end of July, before going back in a more regular September to December semester.  Disney specifically offered a shorter program to me that would fit in my break so my schooling isn't interrupted. The other piece of bad news is that I don't get my cast ID until Traditions, which isn't until Friday.  Yup.  For those of you playing along at home, that means that I have three whole days in Florida, WITHIN ARM'S REACH OF THE PARKS, that I can't even go to the parks in.  Well, unless I want to pay full price for tickets. (Hey, guess who has two thumbs and is pretty broke right now? This guy. )

So yes, I'm really just complaining now because I'm sad.  But the important thing to get out of this is that I'm gonna start posting on here, as much as I am able.  It gives me something to do and perhaps allows a bit of insight into my life.  I really want to do this, and I have a few ideas about what I'm going to do which I like, so I hope that y'all like them too.

Now if you'll excuse me, I drove 12 hours overnight down here and then had a full day of program introduction, so I've been awake for almost 36 full hours at this point.  Hm, maybe that's why this blog is so odd.... Anyway, I'm gonna go crash.

See ya!

No comments: