Thursday, January 14, 2016

I'm Going to do Everything!

And by everything, I mean I've going to ride every ride here at Walt Disney World.  As I mentioned before, I've only been to WDW twice before, and while both trips were lengthy and packed full of rides and fun, I still haven't done everything at the parks.  So I've decided to make that my goal for my time here during the Disney College Program, and to document my progress while I do it!

Well, I'm at least going to have fun, hopefully you like hearing about it.  And if not, well then my name is Clayton and this has been Tarzan's Treehouse.

So, details. I'm posting this right now because if all goes well I should be going into the parks for the first time tomorrow night after Traditions.  I'm going to take pictures and/or videos of my adventures, and probably post there up here one at a time, so not exactly at the same time I necessarily do them. Rather, I expect I'll do several rides on a day off and then spend the next week or so posting about it, but we'll see how it actually goes.

I got the inspiration for this from the two guys who run Parkeology.com.  They did a challenge back in 2014 called the WDW46 challenge. That was an attempt to ride every ride in WDW in one day, using only perks available to all guests, so pretty much just intense planning, Fastpass+, and Extra Magic Hours.  I'm not crazy enough to try and do this all in one day, so I'm just kind of using their ideas about what counts as a ride to give myself a starting point.  I've posted directly from their website below the exact list of what they completed for the challenge.



From http://www.parkeology.com/wdw46-official-record:

"The list of 46 rides comes from Disney’s official attractions list. We count only rides, not shows or exhibits. The attraction must have a vehicle. The current list of 46 rides is as follows:

MAGIC KINGDOM

  1. Main Street Vehicles
  2. Walt Disney World Railroad
  3. Jungle Cruise
  4. Pirates of the Caribbean
  5. Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  6. Splash Mountain
  7. Big Thunder Mountain
  8. Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island
  9. Liberty Belle Riverboat
  10. Haunted Mansion
  11. It’s a Small World
  12. Peter Pan’s Flight
  13. Prince Charming Regal Carousel
  14. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  15. Under the Sea — Journey of the Little Mermaid
  16. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  17. Mad Tea Party
  18. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  19. Barnstormer
  20. Tomorrowland Speedway
  21. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
  22. Space Mountain
  23. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
  24. AstroOrbiter
  25. Carousel of Progress


EPCOT

  1. Spaceship Earth
  2. Ellen’s Energy Adventure
  3. Mission: SPACE
  4. Test Track
  5. Gran Fiesta Tour
  6. Journey Into Imagination
  7. Soarin’
  8. Living with the Land
  9. The Seas with Nemo and Friends


DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

  1. Great Movie Ride
  2. Toy Story Midway Mania
  3. Star Tours
  4. Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
  5. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror


DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM

  1. Kilimanjaro Safari
  2. Wildlife Express
  3. Kali River Rapids
  4. Expedition Everest
  5. Dinosaur
  6. Primeval Whirl
  7. TriceraTop Spin"


You may notice I crossed Soarin' off that list.  That particular ride has closed while a third theater is constructed and programming takes place in preparation to switch the film over to one showing scenes from all over the world instead of limited to only California.  This will continue until the new film premieres in summer, long after I am gone in April.  So already I'm down to 45 rides.  As well. I am going to include shows as part of what I experience and document during my time here.  Since no one likes failure, I'm not requiring all of these for myself, but they will definitely be included as a bonus of sorts.

A record of the successful WDW46 run from Parkeology is captured here, and while it is rather lengthy, it's still quite an interesting read.

Hopefully I'll see you back here as I start to record my progress. TTFN!

1 comment:

Alyssa F said...

Yay! But you're going to do shows and attractions too, right? :)

Grabbing my virtual piece of paper to keep track. Even with two programs I still haven't done MK 1, 8, 20, 24; HS 4; and AK 7.